[mythtv-users] Re: Feedback on .18 rpms from ATRPMS

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sun Apr 17 12:21:40 UTC 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 04:24:20PM +0930, Michael Cheshire (Mailing Lists) wrote:
> Just some feedback on the .18 rpms from atrpms.net
>
> When I upgraded, the Titivillus theme seemed to dissapear (even
> though I installed the themes package).

Some thems have been removed from the mail tarball and were placed
into the myththemes tarball. That means that the themes package that
is cast out of the core sources only contains some basic themes.

I.e. there will be a mythtv-themes package like until 0.17 and a
myththemes package (and external mythtv-theme-foo packages).

Not the best organisation, I wouldn't mind a better scheme. Keep in
mind that there are three sources of themes today:

o in mythtv's tarball
o in myththemes' tarball
o external themes

> Mythfrontend wouldnt even start complaining that it couldnt find the theme.
>
> I just created a symbolic link in /usr/share/mythtv/themes to some
> other theme and it started OK, and I was able to change the theme.
>
> XvMC appears to be much better - except when the OSD is running (the
> whole display is unstable), but it appears to be "stable" - I havent
> been able to crash the frontend.

That's nice. Is this with nvidia?
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net