[mythtv-users] Bootsplash on PVR-350 ?

Fredrik Karlsson dargosch at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 09:01:40 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I'm using a PVR-350 on a gentoo box connected only to my TV. I'm
getting tired of first having nothing on the screen, followed by a
garbled image when X starts up on the framebuffer and then, finally,
the mythtv frontend when everything is loaded.

Is there any way of using the framebuffer device + bootsplash on the
TV out during boot ?
It would have a great WOW-factor.. I found a mythtv bootsplash theme
somewhere a while ago that I would not mind using for this.

Any ideas?

/Fredrik
--
My Gentoo + PVR-350 + IVTV + MythTV blog is on
http://gentoomythtv.blogspot.com/