[mythtv-users] Files to Backup

myth joe mythjoe at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 03:57:46 UTC 2005

The easiest thing would probably to put /boot and the rest of system
files on partitions separate from the content (recordings, videos,
etc).  Then you could just back up all of the partitions except the
content.  Search the archives for Mondo Rescue.

That said, I basically do what you do:  dump the database and config
files (including the .htaccess stuff for mythweb, the file containing
my audio settings, fstab, rc.local, hosts, and so on).  I've done a
couple of re-installs lately this way.  It's a bit painful, but I
didn't lose any content, either.

JB