[mythtv-users] Files to Backup

Mathew Mrosko mythtv at matmrosko.com
Sun Apr 17 00:38:15 UTC 2005

Hello,
I am making a simple script to backup my mythbox's config data every day.  I
don't have the hard drive space to backup all the actual recordings and
movies, so I'm just backing up important things like the database, logs, etc.
I was just wondering if anybody has a list of good files to backup regularly
so that a new setup won't take too long in the event of a hard drive failure
or something.  So far, I am grabbing all the system logs, all my little
scripts, my lircrc, fstab, all the files in the /etc/ directory ending in
"conf" (for ease, i'm just grabbing them all).  Is there anything I'm
missing?

Also, does anybody know how to grab partition info and LVM info?  I know I
should be using DD to grab the first 512? bytes of the drive to grab partion
info, but does anybody have something similar already made?  Anybody know how
to save all this data?

Thanks,
--
Mathew Mrosko