[mythtv-users] rpms for 0.18 and CVS rpms (was: 0.18's available)

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sun Apr 17 00:40:13 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 16, 2005 at 04:08:24PM -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:
> On 4/16/05, David Whyte <david.whyte at gmail.com> wrote:
> > My major concern from watching the commits list was the flurry of activity
> > the week or two running up to the release.  It seems to happen everytime and
> > while I don't want to dis the devs and contributers, it does make it a
> > little dangerous to upgrade to the latest release as soon as it is released.
>
> Both this message, and Brads indicate a lack of understanding of both
> the MythTV code and it's development/release procedures.  Just a
> thought, but if you're not part of the process don't try to lead it.

I think I do understand the process, and it is different from the
process many people expect, that's all.   This doesn't mean it's wrong,
nor is it a demand to change it.   Rather, it's hopefully a productive
effort to produce the fewest user problems, which is good for
everybody.

It is never productive to tell people they don't understand a process and to
go away.  That just insults them to no benefit of anybody.

I read the myth-dev list and the commits list, I know what was on it.
Tell me what I've said that is incorrect, instead of just trying to be
insulting, please.