[mythtv-users] Error: File missing - possible Nuvexport Bug

Mike Smith easygreenus at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 17 00:35:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'm having a problem with files exported by nuvexport.

I just built a new master backend system.  Needed more
disk space.  I used nuvexport to export TV programs
from the old master backend.  Copied the files in
and ran the .sql file into the mysql in the new
database.  I know  that I moved one program and
checked
that it worked from a frontend only system before
moving
the other 60+ programs.

I turned the master backend off for a few days while
the old master backend continued running (and
recording)
and one of my frontend system was running.

Now, when I try to view these programs from a remote
backend,  I get the Error: File missing message in
the console window. But,  I can view these same
programs if I'm on the master backend system and
run mythfrontend.

A couple of other facts:
1) I verified the files DO exist in the /var/video
   directory.
2) I can view new programs that were recorded by the
   new masterbackend from a remote frontend system.
3) All the programs show up in the "Watch Recordings"
   window.
4) I verified that ownership, group, and permissions
   match between the new programs I can view and the
   old ones I can't.

On new master backend:
-rw-r--r--  1 root root 1037592047 Mar 28 22:46
1005_20050328210000_20050328220000.nuv

On remote frontend via NFS mount:
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     1037592047 Mar 28
22:46 1005_20050328210000_20050328220000.nuv

5) I'm running mythtv 0.17.

It's probably some entry did not get set in the
database.  mythtv is checking the database to see
if the file exists and NOT checking the /var/video
filesystem for it.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,

Mike