[mythtv-users] All is fine but remote does nothing in MythTv

John Kondis jkondis at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 16 20:14:26 UTC 2005

A couple things.

First, if you compile mythtv with the standard
settings, you need to use lirc through irxevent and
irexec in the ~/.lircrc or ~/.mythtv/lircrc config
file.  This, I have not done and don't exactly know
how to do.  Instead, for Myth 0.17, the following
worked for me (I also am using the PVR 350 remote
receiver, BTW, and my remote is the silver one):

Once I got irw to talk to lircd OK (as you seem to
have done) I uncommented the two lines after "Native
lirc support" in the "settings.pro" file of the mythtv
source, so they appear as follows

# Native lirc support
CONFIG += using_lirc
LIRC_LIBS = -llirc_client

and recompiled and reinstalled mythtv.  Then in my
~/.mythtv/lircrc file I put the entries in the form:

begin
   prog = mythtv
   button = CH+
   repeat = 4
   config = Up
end

(as opposed to irxevent and CurrentWindow and all
that) and everything worked fine ever since.  Note
that ~/.mythtv/lircrc needs to be in the home
directory of the user you are launching mythfrontend
as.

Hope this helps.