[mythtv-users] Joystick Menu and mythgame

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 14:00:14 UTC 2005

All,

  I just set up the joystick menu with myth, using the joystickrc file
found here: http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Setup_MythTV.  I've got my
joystick working in MythTV and in fceu and zsnes.  The problem I am
having is it seems that mythgame has an internal buffer for the button
presses on the joystick.  It needs to be wiped when returning to Myth
after ending a game.
  When I start a game that will use the joystick (such as with fceu or
zsnes) it works great but when I'm ready to quit (and hit ESC on the
keyboard) it plays back all the buttons I've pressed while playing the
game.  Is this a configuration error, or is it a bug?  Does anyone
have it set up to work both ways and not have this problem?

Thanks,
-Greg