[mythtv-users] 2 questions: BIOS flashing and temp sensors

Micah Wedemeyer fanmail at micah-wedemeyer.net
Sat Apr 16 12:57:19 UTC 2005

I just put my new nForce system together, but I'm have a little trouble.

First off, the motherboard does not recognize the chip (even though it seems to
run just fine).  It's an AMD Sempron 2600+, and these were released after the
motherboard was.  My plan was to flash to the latest BIOS and see if that fixes
it.  I don't have a 3.5" drive, so I'll have to make a DOS boot CD.  Anyone have
any tips on how to go about doing this?

Secondly, does anyone know how to get temp readings from the motherboard
sensors?  It's an nForce3-150 AOpen MK89-L, if that helps.  I'm running FC3 with
kernel 2.6.11-something

Thanks in advance,
Micah