[mythtv-users] nuv2avi question

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sat Apr 16 11:39:00 UTC 2005

I am trying to export a nuv to avi for my parents to watch
on Windows/XP. I built nuv2avi from svn. I exported with

I now have a converted file.
	nuv2avi -i 2002_20050411203200_20050411211500.nuv -o /tmp/file.avi
Interestingly, the avi is a tiny bit larger than the nuv.

But I have some problems:

1) The output has aspect ratio 4:3 while the original is 16:9.
Mythtv shows everything correctly. mplayer (Linux) , WMP and
DivX (on windows) show the wrong 4:3 ratio. I can adjust it
with DivX but could not find a way in WMP.

2) I have problems with the sound. Mythtv does have any problem
with the original.

- With mplayer the sound moves ahead of the video, leading
by a few minutes soon. The video seems to progress OK (no
noticable pauses or skips).

- WMP plays the video for 0.5s then pauses for 0.5s repeatedly.
The CPU load is low (about 25%). The sound moves ahead very
quickly (well, the video makes very slow progress).

- DivX player (windows) shows the video smoothly, but I could
not get any sound out of it. DivX seems to use a lot of CPU
though, I had to drop to minimum quality for the usage to drop
tp 50%.

Don't know if these problems are related to the input file itself,
but other files play well.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat