[mythtv-users] Can't start mythfrontend due to missing theme

Druid mythtv-users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 07:13:20 UTC 2005

Sasha wrote:

>I've installed the mythtv themes tarball, and confirm that all the
>themes exist in /usr/share/mythtv/themes. I have:

>G.A.N.T.  Minimalist-wide  Titivillus-OSD  blueosd  default     oldosd
>Iulius    Titivillus       blue            classic  defaultosd

>Yet, when I try to start mythfrontend, I get this:
>Could not find theme: Iulius
>Couldn't find theme Iulius

>What's wrong? How can I change the theme back to blue from mysql?

I had exactly the same issue, had I did was to remove the line from the database
that specified the Iulius theme[1], then when the frontend started up it reset
to the default. Then you can change the theme as normal.

Possibly it would be an idea to change the theme code so that it defaults to
the default theme if it cannot find a theme?

HTH

Druid

[1] I actually dropped the settings table and restored it (minus the theme line)
from the pre-0.18 backup