[mythtv-users] nuvexport to DVD distorts aspect ratio

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Sat Apr 16 06:48:31 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 09:22:38PM -0700, Chris Petersen wrote:
> >Do I need to configure nuvexport in some way to get 16:9 output files?
>
> I believe that Gavin stuck with 4:3 for the recent changes with
> nuvexport because we know of no way in linux to make an anamorphic DVD.
>  Should probably add some kind of option to choose aspect ratio,
> though, since there are a fair amount of people who actually run Windows
> for their personal machines.

Ok.. I don't understand all the issues involved obviously as I didn't
quite understand your answer! Especially the Windows part.

What about cropping the image to 4:3 first? I'm trying to export some
shows for my parents who only have a 4:3 TV anyway. Cropped would be
better than stretched which is what I've given them so far.

.. with the odd exception of that one show which appeared to be
letterboxed instead.

Hamish