[mythtv-users] rpms for 0.18 and CVS rpms (was: 0.18's available)

Brad Templeton brad+myth at templetons.com
Sat Apr 16 05:31:02 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:09:10PM -0500, Ryan A. Carris wrote:
> is way to much noise on the user list as it is.  The releases are
> usually pretty stable.  If there is a major bug fixed, Jarod will
> probably have the fix packaged up real nice for Axel like he did
> recently.

I don't know how stable any release is.  It often is stable.  But
there were _lots_ of checkins in the last week.  By definition these
don't have more than a few days testing by a larger audience, no matter
how well tested they were before that.  Nothing beats testing by a larger
and larger audience in making a confident statement about stability.

> Besides, I'm not sure how much rpm's of CVS will help Isaac.  Without
> debugging built in and people running it in gdb, there isn't a
> backtrace.  And if people "install per Jarod's guide", they don't even
> have the frontend and backend running in a window where they can cut
> and paste the error messages.

All releases have their bugs, of course, usually and hopefully
minor but a number of the bugs of recent recollection were detectable
without any debugging traces, they where behavioural bugs, not crashes.