[mythtv-users] Re: Recording New Battlestar series

David Engel gigem at comcast.net
Fri Apr 15 22:04:13 UTC 2005

On Fri, Apr 15, 2005 at 10:02:33AM -1000, James L. Paul wrote:
> As an aside, I really wish the showID (or whatever field Zap2It provides
> as a unique identifier) would be used if available instead of the title,
> it would virtually eliminate this type of issue.

We looked at doing this a while back.  There were enough unexpected
cases where the seriesids weren't the same and probably should have
been, that we decided to err on the sied of caution and stick with the
title check.  You can always use the more advanced rules for those
cases that really need better discrimination.

David
--
David Engel
gigem at comcast.net