[mythtv-users] Recording New Battlestar series

James L. Paul james at mauibay.net
Fri Apr 15 20:02:33 UTC 2005

Brad Templeton wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 13, 2005 at 10:36:10AM -0700, Bruce Markey wrote:
>>Fa Yoeu wrote:
>>>I only want to record the new battlestar galactica series.  Is there a
>>>way I can specify this in myth?  Essential, I want to record all
>>>battlestar galactica playing at anytime on channel scifi.  When I
>>>tried this, I kept getting the old series recorded as well.
>>Go to Schedule Recordings->Custom Record then cut'n'paste
>>this into the text box:
>>
>>program.title = "Battlestar Galactica"
>>AND program.originalairdate > 20050101
>>
>>Pressing Test should show you just the episodes from this year
>>(I see an episode 102 from Jan 14 and 103 from Jan 21 so I
>>assume the first episode would be Jan 7 ;-). If this is correct,
>>give it a rule name and click Record.
>>
>>--  bjm
>
> As I noted when I gave the same answer, this series started in late 2004,
> so you will want to use an earlier date, or use the seriesid query.

Perhaps it's just my location, but I use(d) timeslot recording to record
all the episodes of the new BSG series and ignore episodes of the
original series. Why isn't simply recording "Battlestar Galactica" in
the same timeslot every week an option? It works for me.

As an aside, I really wish the showID (or whatever field Zap2It provides
as a unique identifier) would be used if available instead of the title,
it would virtually eliminate this type of issue.