[mythtv-users] commercial flagging at set times

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Apr 15 07:12:58 UTC 2005

> leith <techie at eleith.com> said:
>
> > could I modify mythcommflag to only run say at 3 in the morning, rather
> > then just after the program is finished recording?
> >

> If no command line arguments are specified to mythcommflag,
> all unflagged shows will be flagged.
>
> disable automatic commercial flagging for each each show
> and
> do a "crontab -e" and add:
>
> 03 3 * * * /usr/bin/mythcommflag

Even better in current CVS (and 0.18 when it is released) is the
ability to set a time window for the JobQueue to run new jobs.  So if
you only want commercial flagging jobs to start running from 3am-9am,
you can do so.  The jobs will just queue up until 3am and then get
run as they normally would by the JobQueue.

--
Chris