[mythtv-users] Re: Audio Skip and Slow-mo Video Problem (35% CPU)

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 04:00:04 UTC 2005

Well, yesterday I tried to install older versions of Myth, before I
started having the issues with the audio skipping and slow-mo video on
those channels.  I did a checkout from 3/25/2005 and it worked
beautifully.  I don't know what was up with it but I really wanted the
latest CVS version so I reinstalled it and it still had the problem.
However, doing all this seems to mess a lot with the database and I
think I botched it up by jumping back and forth through the versions.

So I did a drop of the whole mythconverg database to start fresh and
whatdaya know, all the channels work perfectly!  Could it have been
something in the database that was screwing me up this whole time?  I
guess it could have been a setting somewhere but I thought I tried
everything.  Anyway, I'm really bummed cause I don't want this to
happen again but since I don't know how it happened in the first place
I don't know how to keep it from happening in the future. :(

Plus, I lost all my recording info since I dumped the database...
though I did back it up using mysqldump before hand.  Is there any way
I can restore *JUST* the recording info so I can see my recordings
with my new version of Myth?

Thanks,
-Greg