[mythtv-users] HD playback using on-board nVidia

Peter Judge peter at judge.co.za
Thu Apr 14 22:38:05 UTC 2005

---------- Original Message -------------
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HD playback using on-board nVidia
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 15:18:54 -0700 (PDT)
From: Howard Cokl <hojoloco at yahoo.com>
To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>

>I may be wrong but your onboard graphics is AGP, that
>is another thing to check but since you had good
>performance with mplayer I thought not, cat
>/proc/drivers/agp/status

Will take a look at that when I get home, thanks. I remember seeing an email on this list regarding settings for AGP. I'll take a look there too.

>Don't know of TvWish.  With your CPU I would think
>that you would want to have no jobs running while you
>are trying to watch, that includes transcode, commflag
>and mythtfilldatabase; but once again I am not an
>expert in this.

TVwish is software that schedules recordings based on a wishlist. This means that you can land up with a whole bunch of stuff being scheduled and recorded (and transcoded). Makes it hard to not have anything happening at any given time, which is why I thought that maybe I was just lucky (since I found a lull).

Regards,
Peter