[mythtv-users] Frontend Blank on New Install

emailgeek at gmail.com emailgeek at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 21:10:44 UTC 2005

I am pullin my hair out on this one....

I followed Jarod's guide for Fedora Core2 install of mythTV.   I get
everything to work up to the point of starting up mythbackend and
mythfrontend for the first time.   I started the mythbackend with no
error messages... then I start the frontend in another terminal window.
I get a couple progress bars declaring "pre-scaling of theme images"
after those finish I get a empty grey background. (kinda like desktop
image)  It just sits there with nothing... I end up  having to  reboot
the box using a SSH remote terminal.  Is there anyway to debug this? or
does anyone have any ideas?

I have tried reinstalling mysqldb and reinstalling mythtv-suite.  Same
results...