[mythtv-users] nuvexport cut only with synch problem

Niels Dybdahl niels at dybdahl.dk
Thu Apr 14 17:50:52 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have started using nuvexport (using mpeg2cut v1.6) to cut my MPEG2 (PVR-250) files for archival. However around half of them (5 out of 12) have the audio significantly out of synch with the video.

All 5 with synch problems are copies from VHS tapes. The uncut PVR-250 files do not have any synch problems.

All 4 films that were taken from the air do not have any synch problems after nuvexport.

The remaining 3 VHS films are almost in synch.

Can the cause be the lower quality of the VHS recordings ? Should I record from VHS with different settings ? (e.g 288 lines instead of 576 lines ? Or with higher bitrate ?).
Are there any parameters in nuvexport that can be adjusted to solve the problem ?

Best regards
Niels Dybdahl