[mythtv-users] Interlaced vs. noninterlaced: getting perfect output smoothness

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Apr 14 13:42:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 13 Apr 2005, Ian Trider wrote:

> Unfortunately, the only way to get perfectly correct interlaced output
> is with a PVR-350.  Most people don't seem to notice/care when it
> isn't perfectly correct.
>
> Search the archives a bit; you'll find a really good explanation of
> why it isn't possible, in theory, to get perfect output from a
> standard card.
> --
 	In particular, search for a few posts made by me.  I've explained
it a number of times.

 	To answer your other question, you can change some of the modeline
parameters on the fly using an older util called 'xvidtune'.  You cannot
change the dotclock or total raster from it, but you can move the visible
part of the raster up/down/left/right.

-Cory