[mythtv-users] gave up on the Epia

Jonas Pedersen jonas at chown.dk
Thu Apr 14 13:20:48 UTC 2005

Quoting Matt Sullivan <matthew.sullivan at ucd.ie>:

> I have an M10000 setup with a PVR 350 card. I recently rebuilt it using
> the 0.20 ivtv drivers, 2.6.10 kernel and 0.17 MythTV. Everything got
> compiled from scrach using Gentoo, and has the unichrome and XvMC
> drivers installed. I have only one, really annoying, problem with it.
> Whenever a recording starts or finishes, if I am watching a recording
> (or even something with MPlayer) at the time, the entire box locks up.
> Happened a couple of times too when copying files and recording
> starts/stops. It means I have to time when I watch things on the box
> very carefully.

I have almost the same setup as yours, are you using the tv-out on the VIA
board? If you do, which resolution are using and is under or overscan you are
using?

Have also experienced many lock-ups with the 0.20 driver, but it was cured with
a upgrade to a 0.3.2 IVTV driver. Hope that helps.

--
Jonas Pedersen
http://chown.dk & http://pictureshow.dk