[mythtv-users] Audio - one channel doesn't play sounds

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:06:25 UTC 2005

</snip>
> I don't know if it is relevant, but the channel (TV5) primarly airs
> programs from France which are transcoded to NTSC before they are
> broadcast on my Canadian cable system.
</snip>

After playing with audio for a few days, I noticed a setting that may
help you in this case.  I believe it's in the setup interface under
the device section.  Go to your PVR (/dev/videoX), and check the box
for independent muting of L/R channels.

Just a shot in the dark, but I remember reading that this option was
for situations similar to your description.

Good Luck!