[mythtv-users] Animated movies and shows

Gregg Casillo gcasillo at insightbb.com
Thu Apr 14 04:21:39 UTC 2005

I have had some problems cutting and manipulating some recordings from MythTV
and my PVR-350. I've gotten around most of them (figuring out avidemux2
mostly), but I continue to have problems with movies and shows that are
animated, e.g. Ghost in the Shell, Triplets of Belleville.

After cutting the MPEG of one of these with avidemux2 and demuxing with
tcextract, I absolutely cannot remux the audio and video together again with
either mplex or tcmplex. I get those dreaded, "would arrive too late" errors
that I mentioned a week ago in my uncompressed AVI capture thread.

Animated programs are just weird. I routinely have problems getting them on
DVDs. Has anyone else had similar problems with recordings of animated
programs?

Gregg