[mythtv-users] Re: Need advice with 'Pixelization"

Ian Trider iantri at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 02:23:13 UTC 2005

AFAIK, the MythTV defaults for bitrate are way too low.  You need (if
recording at 480x480) roughly 5000kbit/s for a good image.

Also, you might be seeing interlacing artefacts if you are playing
back on a computer monitor/standard video card graphics out and aren't
deinterlacing -- make sure "Deinterlace playback" is enabled in the
settings.