[mythtv-users] Audio - one channel doesn't play sounds

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Apr 13 21:17:29 UTC 2005

Claude Boucher wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, but the problem seems to be elsewhere.
>
> I followed your advice and pulled a Sound Blaster Live from one of my
> other computers. I disabled the on-board audio and installed the SB in
> my Myth box (including editing the /etc/modprobe.conf for a 'emu10k1')
> but no luck.
>
> I still get the same intermittent problem with some channels some of the
> time. It happens most of the time with channel 15, but I also got a
> video-only recording last night on channel 21 (a CBS affiliate).

Have you screwed the coax stright into the TV to see if the station
is broadcasting both audio channels? My CBS affiliate screwed up
during the NCAA tournamant. I had left and rear surround only for
about a week. This is more likely than an intermittent audio
driver problem associated with the channel of the tuner card.

--  bjm