[mythtv-users] URC-9960 + Hauppauge WinTV Radio + MythTV

gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) glandix at lloydnet.org
Wed Apr 13 19:54:46 UTC 2005

Has anyone used the URC-9660 (AllForOne Kameleon 8-in-1) with the
Hauppauge IR receiver?  I did see some information on using VCR code
0081 (or something like that), but I'd really like to use one of the DVD
codes, so I get the Audio and Subtitle buttons (in addition to having
the menu/arrow buttons and playback buttons on the "screen" at the same
time)

any tips?  i found a few codes that got close to working (they even had
all the buttons sending ... some remote codes disable certain buttons),
but i haven't gotten lirc to work with them properly ... the code i was
most hopeful about was DVD code 0864 (Sony DVD/VCR combo, iirc) ...

my problem was that the "1" button, "5" button, and "EXIT" button sent
the same code (0xABE)!  how can that work?!  is there a way around this
w/o JP-1 (the cable's in the mail) and (preferrably) without Keymover?

Thx,
-g-