[mythtv-users] Remove keyword recoding

Bruce Markey bjm at lvcm.com
Wed Apr 13 17:26:49 UTC 2005

Kristian Eide wrote:
> A while ago I put in the keyword "documentary" to get Mythtv to record
> all documentaries. However, this quickly filled up my HD and I removed
> the keyword. Now, the problem is that mythtv is still recording all
> documentaries! I've tried to look in the mysql database, but I've been
> unable to find any trace of the keyword.

To remove this, go to Manage Recordings->Set Priorities and look
for "documentary (Keyword Search)" (or whatever matches exactly how
you did this =). Press Enter and change the rule to "Do not record
this program".

When you set a search rule, it becomes a new rule stored with the
information it needs along with all the other rules. The keyword
list is used to remember the words you've entered before when you
on this list doesn't afftect the rules.

> Can anyone help me with where this keyword could still be stored so I
> can remove it? It is getting tiresome to have to delete all
> documentaries every other day to prevent my disk from filling up
> (another question is why mythtv doesn't detect a full disk condition
> and stops recording).

It sure does but maybe you don't have auto expire set up properly.
Go to Setup->TV Settings->General third page to set your auto
expire parameters and choices.

--  bjm