[mythtv-users] MythTV & DVB-C

belcampo belcampo at zonnet.nl
Wed Apr 13 12:50:39 UTC 2005

Hi Peter,

KNC-ONE also produces the Therratec cards, I think some other brands to.
Download the dvb-appdvb-20050303.tar.bz2 or linuxtv-dvb-apps-1.1.0.tar.bz2
there is a directory apps/scan 'make'. You then have the executable scan,
sometimes called dvbscan.
In the directory dvb-c copy one of the files to nl-casema, or whatever suits.
Modify frequency to one your Cablecompany uses for their settopboxes,
372000000 is Casema; change symbolrate to 6875000, I think all Dutch
providers use the same.
scan -n -5 dvb-c/nl-casema > channels.dvbc
If you have a current xine version, with dvb option, then copy channels.dvbc
to ~/.xine/channels.conf
xine "dvb://Nederland 1" would give you what you want.

Henk Schoneveld

Myth channels depends on which version you are using .16 .17 CVS ??