[mythtv-users] NFS and mythfrontend only

David myth at dgreaves.com
Wed Apr 13 08:32:46 UTC 2005

mark at onnow.net wrote:

>Quoting Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com>:
>

>>mark at onnow.net wrote:
>>

>>>When setting up a mythtvfront end only, aside from pointing frontend to the
>>>

>>>backend database, do I need to share out /video via NFS as well?
>>>

>>No.
>>
>>--  bjm
>>

>Thanks.

>Just for my own understanding then, how do remote frontends get access to the
>servers /video/* files?

For more detail see the RemoteFrontends page on the wiki.

I doubt this applies to 'videos' in the media library as xine and
mplayer don't use the mythtv protocol.
I suspect they will need nfs. I don't know about the Internal video player.
Bruce - correct me if I'm wrong... (and kindly explain how xine/mplayer
get hold of avi's via the backend so I can update that page...)

David