[mythtv-users] DCT-6200 Channel changing

Michael Eldridge meldridge at mac.com
Wed Apr 13 08:20:24 UTC 2005

I'm having some odd channel changing behavior and I'm not sure if it
was caused by a recent mythtv CVS build I did or maybe a lib upgrade.
Channel changing used to work fine. I did a CVS build of mythtv and the
1.0 of libiec61884 on the 12th.

It used to be when it came time for a program to be recorded 6200ch
would be called with the channel number, the channel would change, and
all was well. Now when it's time to record a program the numbers on the
6200's display change briefly to the numbers of the channel being
changed to, so it appears that the channel will be changed, but it
doesn't actually change the channel. Running 6200ch manually does
change the channel no problem. mythtv-setup has /usr/local/bin/6200ch
for the remote channel changing command so that's all good.

I noticed that when manually inputting numbers on the remote to change
the channel you have to put in three numbers for it to change without
having to press the enter button. For example, if you wanted to change
to channel 3 without pressing 3 -> enter you would have to press 0 -> 0
-> 3. It doesn't seem like that would be a problem since I can run
'6200ch 3' and the channel changes. Strange.

Any ideas?