[mythtv-users] DVB Channel Setup

Ben Rigby benrigby at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 04:32:37 UTC 2005

> On Wed, 13 Apr 2005 00:21:32 +1000, Michael Carmody
> <mjcar at unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
>
> > It detects all the channels I want it to, but not all of them are
> > useable.
> > Only half are given channel numbers, and with tv_grab_au installed I
> > can only
> > see epg data for the ones without numbers.
> >
> > i manually entered numbers for SBS and TEN but when I try to navigate
> > to these
> > channels MythTV tries for a second and then returns to the previous
> > channel.
> > Channels ABC, SEVEN and NINE are all viewable but no EPG data is
> > available.
> >
> > I am thinking it may be a problem with my tv_grab_au script, but does
> > anyone
> > have any ideas as to what may have happened ? Or more importantly how
> > fix ?

Michael,

I've recently installed myth 0.17 and used the tv_grab_au that came
with it and ran into the same problem. I told the scanner the
frequencies to look on, and it found all the channels, then I ran
mythfilldatabase and it grabbed a whole lot of data. After ending up
with a whole heap of channels in the "channel" table of the database I
realised that tv_grab_au created it's own channels (without tuning
data or channel numbers) that didn't match up with the channels
created by mythtvsetup.

In the end I manually edited the "channel" table, to put the correct
tuning information (from the mythtvsetup channels) into the channels
created by tv_grab_au and then deleted the channels made by
mythtvsetup. So I ended up with the correct tuning information, along
with the epg data for each channel. It was a bit of a pain but it's
working ok now.

Hopefully that will set you down the right track to getting your
channels setup correctly.

Regards,

Ben