[mythtv-users] Writing manual cutlist back to commercialcutlist?

PAUL WILLIAMSON pwilliamson at mandtbank.com
Wed Apr 13 01:27:16 UTC 2005

On 4/12/05, PAUL WILLIAMSON <pwilliamson at mandtbank.com> wrote:
> > Is it possible to do this?  I mean, I have the commercial
> > flagging run, and almost every time it's spot on.  For the
> > few times when I need to manually modify it, is there a
> > way to write the manual cutlist back to mythconverg
> > into the commercial cutlist so I don't overwrite the
> > cutlist I just manually did?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Paul
> >
> When you do a manual cutlist, you "overwrite" the commercial
> flagging, so the cutlist takes precedence. Isn't this what you
> want? Its kind of the reason for doing a cutlist.

Yep.  Exactly.  But then if I excercise extreme stupidity, I sometimes

load the original cutlist (E/Z), and it overwrites (or undoes) all
my manual cutting, putting all the original cutting back.

> Furthermore, if you then transcode with the cutlist you can
> physically remove those parts of the original file, shrinking
> the size and thus taking up less of your valuable storage space.

Yep, if I could find the right combination with nuvexport that
works with my mediamvp, all the frontends, and mythstream.

> Robin

Paul