[mythtv-users] commercial flagging idea - commercial"fingerprinting"

Risto Treksler risto at elkhornbanff.ca
Tue Apr 12 18:53:21 UTC 2005

John Williams <williamsbyron at gmail.com> said:
> My problem with this is knowing I'm actually only watching 1 min of
> ads. If I'm not sure I end up forwarding and then sometimes get in the
> "OOPS, went too far" loop

currently you can set it so that

- a forward skip, immediately after a backward skip,
  is as long as the backward skip was (ie 5 seconds)

i have been meaning to try to see if it would be better
if it did the same the other way around

ie.
- a backward skip, immediately after a forward skip,
  is as long as the forward skip was (ie 30 seconds)

so when you skip forward one too many times
you don't have to skip back 6 times to undo the damage