[mythtv-users] Re: Small quiet HDTV frontend

David George david at thegeorges.us
Tue Apr 12 16:25:01 UTC 2005

On 4/12/2005 11:57 AM, John Patrick Poet wrote:

>I assume you saw this:
>

>VIA Releases Linux Driver Source Packages:
>
>http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24086

Yep, thanks for the link.  Actually downloaded the Via opensource
drivers last week sometime and tried them out.  They won't compile
against any recent kernel.  So they won't work as-is.

One of the things I have been working on is the Via VT1625 HDTV Encoder
interface.  I have the datasheets for the 1625 and the 1623 (which is an
SDTV Encoder) and created my own tables for the 1625 registers, but
after comparing with Via tables (in the opensource package) I was off on
a few things.  Hopefully I will be able to finish this up tonight,
because I have been without a frontend for about a week now (video card
fan died and cooked it).

--
David

HDTV frontend I'm working on (new picture of back, mythmon source)
  http://mythhd.info