[mythtv-users] No TV sound (which module?)

myth at undergroundcandy.com myth at undergroundcandy.com
Tue Apr 12 15:43:26 UTC 2005

Hello,
After reinstalling Fedora Core 3 and MythTV (using Jarod's guide) I can't
get the Live TV audio to work. I have followed the "Configuring Sound"
steps on MythTV.org, and everything seems to be fine (I had sound on my
last FC3 installation).

Last night I typed "modprobe capacity" and I suddenly got sound (only on
the left channel though). Is this the right module to load? Are all the
necessary modules loaded (check my modprobe.conf file below).
If not, what do I add to my modprobe file?

Thanks

/etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth0 3c59x
alias eth1 forcedeth
alias scsi_hostadapter sata_sil
alias snd-card-0 snd-intel8x0
options snd-card-0 index=0
install snd-intel8x0 /sbin/modprobe --ignore-install snd-intel8x0 &&
/usr/sbin/alsactl restore >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
remove snd-intel8x0 { /usr/sbin/alsactl store >/dev/null 2>&1 || : ; };
/sbin/modprobe -r --ignore-remove snd-intel8x0
alias char-major-81 saa7134
alias usb-controller ehci-hcd
alias usb-controller1 ohci-hcd
alias ieee1394-controller ohci1394