[mythtv-users] DCT6200, firewire and Mythtv

Big Wave Dave bigwavedave at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 15:39:59 UTC 2005

On Apr 12, 2005 12:34 AM, Neil <neil-on-mythtv at restricted.dyndns.org> wrote:
> hey guys,
>
> After searching many hours in google, I found some articles about recording
> HD via firewire. I don't have comcast yet but I'm very interested in
> preparing my existing mythtv machine. My machine is already capable of
> playing HD so no worries on that. Can someone please send me links I need to
> get mythtv starting to recording via Firewire port? Also, using this route,
> will we be able to record other channels like ESPN HD, Discovery HD?
>
> Thanks again!!! ;)
>
> Neil
You may want to check out Jarod's guide at:
http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/fcmyth.php#capture
Then click on the "FireWire capture from a supported cable box"

Please be warned that this method is still fairly new and can be buggy
at times.  I'm sure it will be developed and worked on though.  In
theory you should be able to record those channels, but I can't say
for certain... as I have not tried those channels.

Dave