[mythtv-users] Recommended procedure for unichrome on debian (epia cle266)

Torsten Schenkel mythtv at isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de
Tue Apr 12 14:24:17 UTC 2005

Hi there,

since I will get an lcd-tv with vga and dvi-x input very soon, I start
thinking about abondoning the tv-out of the pvr350 in my epia box in
favour of the integrated cle266 mpeg2 decoder.

I didn't follow all the development closely but it seems the unichrome
open source driver is the way to go with myth.

>From what I did find on the unichrome pages the procedure to install
this driver is yet a bit heavy on self compiled X and stuff. Is there a
procedure that avoids too much compiling (I don't want to swith to a
self compiled XFree or Xorg)?

Is there some HowTo out there you could point me to? If not, any help is
welcome. When I succeed eventually I will put it into a HowTo myself.

TIA,

Torsten