[mythtv-users] DVD rip quality?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 08:33:08 UTC 2005

The quality of the image :D

I am guessing you are looking for filesize differences?

I have found roughly the following:
For every 1 hour:
Perfect = ~2GB
Excellent = ~1.3GB
Good = ~900MB
Medium = ~700MB

As for quality, Good is 'good' enough for most of my stuff, for the
action movies, or the sci-fi where there is a lot of dark scenes, I
bump it up to Excellent.  I don't personally notice a difference
between Perfect and Excellent, but then again I haven't played them on
my new TV yet, mostly just watching them on a 36" WEGA.

Cool