[mythtv-users] pcHDTV and ivtv

Mon Apr 11 21:10:53 UTC 2005

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Kyle Rose wrote:

> Does anyone have a new combination of ivtv-0.{2,3}* and pcHDTV(-2.0?)
> that work together?  I've been using ivtv-0.2.0-rc3d and pcHDTV-1.6 for
> the last several months, and want to upgrade; but the tuner modules for
> the new versions (rc3i and 2.0) seem to be incompatible, at least as far
> as I can tell.
>
> FWIW, I'm willing to upgrade to DVB for pcHDTV.  Is this the way to go?
>
> Thanks,
> Kyle

My slave backend has a HD-2000 and a PVR-350 in it.  I am using the DVB
drivers for the HD-2000 and ivtv-0.2.0-rc3? for the PVR-350.

I had to rename the msp3400.ko which the HD-2000 drivers installed, so it
would pick it up from the ivtv driver.  No problem with the tuner.

I am using the DVB HD-2000 drivers from the CVS snapshot, but the 2.0
drivers probably work fine.

I did have to go in and manually edit mythconverg DB settings to get the DVB
stuff to work.  The DVB "scan" creates different CHANNEL entries from
zap2it.  After the DVB "scan" completed, I went in and added the information
that DVB needs to function, to the CHANNEL entries which I already had from
zap2it.  I then deleted the CHANNEL entries which DVB added.

John