[mythtv-users] MythTv and Camera: Initiating recording on some action

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 14:00:11 UTC 2005

On Apr 11, 2005 8:50 AM, Colin Smillie <csmillie at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Apr 11, 2005 3:49 AM, Pancham Gupta <pgupta at andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> > Anybody has an idea on how to go about in achieving the same? I am relatively new to MythTv. My best guess is that we need to call some MythTV API to initiate the recording, once we detect the RFID tag. I would really appreciate if anybody could let me know the same.
>
> Ok, what are you using the detect the RFID tag?  Assuming you have
> linux drivers for the RFID reader you can probably pass a keyboard cmd
> or maybe create a lirc loop back to initiate a record now command.

Interesting application for Mythtv. Are you trying to create a vision
system of sorts using Myth? This seems like a hard way to go. You can
use command line commands like
cat /dev/video0 > /tmp/your recording.mpg to capture video without
myth. If this is in fact a vision system on an assembly line or
soemthing you could datetime stamp the file in the name you record
from command line, then there is little you have to do.

I'd be interested to hear more about your application though it does
seem a bit off topic if you go without using Myth. Email me directly
if you want to chat about it some.

John Williams
--
I have plenty of Gmail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail rocks
for  email lists.