[mythtv-users] MythTv and Camera: Initiating recording on some action

Pancham Gupta pgupta at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Apr 11 07:49:20 UTC 2005

Hi,

I have a question regarding MythTv and the use of a camera. I am working on a project where I want to initiate the recording in MythTv (camera is already connected to MythTV) upon some action. That action could be anything, in my case if I detect a RFID tag.

Anybody has an idea on how to go about in achieving the same? I am relatively new to MythTv. My best guess is that we need to call some MythTV API to initiate the recording, once we detect the RFID tag. I would really appreciate if anybody could let me know the same.

Thanks,
Pancham