[mythtv-users] X Error: BadMatch - You likely won't get any video

Robert Johnston anaerin at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 05:16:02 UTC 2005

On Apr 10, 2005 9:04 PM, SpikeyGG <spikeygg at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I've looked through the gossamer's threads and googled a bit but I haven't
> figured out how to remedy this message from mythfrontend:
>
> X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
>   Major opcode:  142
>   Minor opcode:  14
>   Resource id:  0x4a
> 2005-04-10 20:49:49.974 Couldn't get the color key color, and we need it.
> You likely won't get any video.
>
> I'm pretty sure it's due to the dual-headed display because it only happens
> when I point my frontend to display 0:1.  I have the following datapoints:

The problem is, the NVidia drivers only support overlays on the first
display. If you have the TV-Out as :0.0 and the VGA as :0.1, this will
solve the problem for the TV-out, but using a NVidia display (As with
most others) you can only display the Overlay (That is, XV or XVMC) on
one of your two heads.

Sorry.
--
Robert "Anaerin" Johnston