[mythtv-users] Australian XMLTV grabbers

Mon Apr 11 00:01:44 UTC 2005

Hi,
   Argh - stupid typo.  Fixed now.

   Anyway, even with that typo, it should still have created the default
config file.  You'll need to edit that by hand to add your username and
password for the OzTiVo site.  You'll also need to edit the channel
list to include the channels you want to grab.

e.g. the prototype config file contains:

channels = (('ABC-NSW','ABC Digital'),('Nine-Syd','Nine Digital'), \
			('SBS-NSW','SBS Digital'),('Seven-Syd','Seven
Digital'),('Ten-NSW','Ten Digital'))
authinfo.add_password(realm, 'minnie.tuhs.org', 'MyCamelCaseName',
'mypassword')

You need to replace MyCamelCaseName with your username, mypassword with
your password.

The channels are a list of pairs.
   - The first entry in the pair is the name that OzTiVo uses for the
channel.  This is also the name that gets passed to Myth as the XMLTV
identifier (e.g. for d1 this would have been something like
'freesd.Sydney.7.d1.com.au').  You'll need to alter all your channels
settings to use these OzTiVo names instead of the d1 or ninemsn ones.
   - The second entry in each pair is the XMLTV display name.  I think
this is currently ignored by myth if you're using DVB.  In the longer
term, I'd like this to match up with the DVB channel names.  I want to
modify Myth so that it can use these names to automatically set the
XMLTV identifier in future.

Oh, one other thing... when mythfilldatabase calls tv_grab_au, it
supplies a --config-file argument.  You'll need to fix that config
file.  From memory that config file is ~/.mythtv/antenna.conf where
'antenna' is the name you used in mythtv-setup.

Cheers,

Will       :-}

P.S.  I hope you don't mind that I included the MythTV user's list in
this reply in case others have the same minor difficulty.

--
Dr William Uther                           National ICT Australia
Phone: +61 2 9385 6357               Computer Science and Engineering