[mythtv-users] Selecting DVB audio pids in 0.17

Jesper Sörensen jesper at datapartner.se
Sun Apr 10 15:02:25 UTC 2005

Ola Nilsson skrev:

>Hamish Moffatt <hamish at cloud.net.au> writes:
>

>>Sounds like the problem is your viewing application.
>>

>Xine and mplayer also had trouble with the recordings. In Xine it had
>sound occasionally, but seemed to play it to fast, and then had no
>sound for a moment. In mplayer I had no sound at all (could have been
>because I'm not familiar enough with the mplayer UI. I guess I need to
>learn how to change audio track on a MPEG2 file).
>
>Anyhow, since there seems to be players that have trouble with the two
>audio tracks in MPEG2 files, maybe there should be a option to make
>myth only record one audio track (and preferable you should be able to
>choose with one)?
>
>I'm a rather new myth user, so I'm totally aware that I might be way
>of track here. Please tell me if I am.

Commenting out the AC3 type like you did is a perfectly good workaround.
It *should* be possible to record both mpeg & ac3 sound but there can be
many issues with this. (TS or PS mode? HW decoder mode active for the
DVB card?) It's also very possible that there are bugs in Myth and/or
the players but we're trying to tackle the problems as they turn up.
Please search the list archives (including the dev list); I've written
some emails about similar stuff the last few days... And I wrote
yesterday about only recording one track. ;-)