[mythtv-users] Re: Suggestions for a ATA/133 controller

Norman Lyon yourdog at poboxes.com
Sun Apr 10 04:47:00 UTC 2005

> So - I ask the intelligent collective, what ATA/133 controllers you have
> found to work out of the box with Fedora core 2 and 3 and/or any good driver
> solutions to the 8212?

I've never had problems with any of the Promise controllers under linux.  Then
again, I do always compile my own kernels, and add in support for the promise
boards, if it's not already there.  I'm not sure what FC has already compiled.

I'm currently using both the Ultra133 TX2 and the Ultra100 TX2 in different
systems.

Norman