[mythtv-users] PVR 500 static on both tuners

Garry Cook garrycook at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 14:48:18 UTC 2005

{snip]
> Since he said he's using my doc, chances are he's using ivtv from ATrpms, in
> which case a simple addition to modules.conf may fix the issue:
>
> alias tuner tuner-ivtv

Yes, ATrpms ivtv, rev.3.2q, IIRC.
Tried the alias line above, it didn't seem to work, so I gave the box
a reboot. I've seen some posts stating that PVR 500s need a reboot
after some changes in order for them to take effect. That's exactly
what it needed, both tuners on the 500 (/dev/video2 & 3) now work
great, video and sound.

However, my PVR 250 on /dev/video1 has lost it's audio. The 250 on
/dev/video0 still works great. So, I'm going to troubleshoot that
before adding the 500 to my Myth setup. I think I'll remove the tuner
line and reload the ivtv module, reboot if necessary, just to be sure
that something else is not clobbering my audio.

> But definitely take this to the ivtv list with the tac output, its often
> fairly obvious from your log output what's going on. (Though another 500 user
> is having some issues that I can't see an explanation for in his logs)...

I was hoping not to have to join another list, I have enough trouble
keeping up with this one, even in gmail. However, I will if necessary.
I've been searching the archives of that list looking for a solution.

--
Thanks!

Garry