[mythtv-users] Re: Mythtv 0.17 on EPIA triying to output to /dev/nvidia0

Jonathan Thorpe jlthorpe at gmail.com
Sat Apr 9 08:53:40 UTC 2005

Hi Ivor,

Great to see your participation on the MythTV lists, I remember the
anticipation on the VIA Arena forum when you first developed the
reverse-engineered ddmpeg software - excellent work! :-) Up until recently,
my PVR was working great with the old ddmpeg library, but I decided to
upgrade my EPIA-M PVR and try the VIA XvMC software.

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem with Gentoo, kernel
2.6.10-gentoo-r8 and a configuration almost identical to Mark's. All other
programs I have which use the VIA XVMC work fine (mp2player, and Xine) and
my installation of MythTV is clean.

Just to confirm, is it normal for MythTV to attempt to use /dev/nvidia0
despite not being built with any form of explicit nVidia support?

I'll rebuild my MythTV shortly with the debug options - hopefully we can
find a resolve.

Regards,
Jonathan Thorpe