[mythtv-users] Which Distro?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Sat Apr 9 00:39:57 UTC 2005

On Friday 08 April 2005 15:55, Greg wrote:
> > Dependency hell is not an issue with apt/yum/smart package managers.
>
> Now that you mention smart, I saw an article about it on the mandrake site
> and it looked ok.

You mean the Mandriva site? ;-)

Who in the blue hell thought that it was a good idea to use that name?!? I
love the comment on slashdot about it sounding like the name of a tranny
stripper...

> What do you think of it compared to apt/synaptic? Is it
> as good as the smart site makes it out to be?

Its pretty cool, at least on the cli. The smart-gui looks/works crappy
compared to synaptic though. Its all written by the same guys at Conectiva
that ported apt to rpm, with the added bonuses of being able to handle damn
near any repository metadata format (apt, yum, etc) and not tank on multiarch
(x86_64/i386 combo) systems like apt does.

> Anyone using smart on SUSE?

Not me (yet)...

--
Jarod Wilson