[mythtv-users] Suggestions

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri Apr 8 18:15:32 UTC 2005

On Apr 8, 2005 1:48 PM, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > 2. MythTV - Could a jumppoint be added to return the user back to the main
> > > menu? Some of the menus are quite deeply nested and a jumppoint would be
> > > handy!
> >
> > Isn't there already one?
>
> This would be very nice to have, I very much agree with the original author.

I think I remember seeing this discussion before. I agreed with it and
thought "yeah, good idea" but then when I saw the reasoning against it
thought "oh, good point"

iirc, the reason they didn't want a jump back to the main menu was
because some menus require a confirmation of a changed setting, an
accept/cancel, that sort of thing, so you really can't ever just
"exit" back to the main menu, since you really don't want myth
accepting/cancelling changes for you.

--
email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites